- The Human Research Review Section is short-staffed through the middle of this year. Unfortunately our response time for your submission may be delayed. Please accept our regrets in advance
- For CARS - As of September 2013 the WSIRB may extend continuation approval for a period of less than one year since the end of the prior period of WSIRB approval. This abbreviated approval period is established ONLY to realign the approval period for this study with the applicable federal regulatory guidance, which provides that all subsequent continuation review approval periods be determined using the date that your study was initially approved (with or without conditions).
Researchers planning to submit a proposal to the WSIRB should call and discuss their proposed research with Review Section staff before preparing their application. You may call Review Section staff at 360.902.8075.
Downloads and Links
- Research Application (Revised May 2013)
- Exempt Determination Request (Revised May 2013)
- Continuation Approval Request (Revised May 2013)
- Study Amendment Request (Revised August 2013)
- Unanticipated Problem and/or Adverse Events (Revised July 2012)
- Report of Protocol Deviation (July 2012)
- Additional Signature Page - Confidentiality Agreement (Revised January 2013)
- Certification that Research Records Have Been De-Identified (April 2006)
If you have any difficulties downloading the electronic documents, please contact us at email@example.com.
Researchers submitting proposals to the WSIRB should review the following documents:
- Washington State Agency Policy on Protection of Human Research Subjects
- HIPAA Privacy Rule - Requirements For Research
To minimize problems opening PDF documents, we suggest that you always use the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.