Expectations and Responsibilities
Once you are determined eligible for DVR services, you work in a very important partnership with a Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Counselor and a team of rehabilitation professionals.
The responsibilities of the DVR team are to:
- Gather information about your strengths, interests and abilities
- Review the pros and cons of different jobs and help you choose a job goal that is a good match
- Help you develop a step-by-step plan for achieving your job goal
- Explore resources you need to complete the plan
- Give you support and feedback as you make progress toward employment
Your responsibilities in the partnership are to:
- Actively participate throughout the process
- Provide DVR with information that is required for us to serve you
- Use the information gathered about your strengths, interests, abilities, and the labor market to guide your decisions
- Follow through with actions you agree to in your plan for employment
- Maintain ongoing contact and communication with your VR Counselor
You may involve family members or other important people in your life to help you plan and achieve your goal of employment. You may invite others to participate in the rehabilitation process at any time.
Your participation and motivation are the key to your success.