Division of Child Support
How to use the KIDS phone system:
- Have a pencil, paper and your case number handy.
- From a touch-tone phone, dial 1-800-442-KIDS (1-800-442-5437).
- If you do not have a touch-tone phone, you can still listen to general information about services but the KIDS system cannot provide you with case specific information.
- The KIDS system will transfer you to a receptionist if you do not have a touch-tone phone. However, receptionists are available during regular business hours only (Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM).
- You can access the KIDS system virtually 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The exception to the 24 hour access is Friday nights from 6:00 PM - midnight Saturday when the system is down for maintenance.
Get payment information by entering your case number and social security number.
Use your case number to:
- Leave a message for your Support Enforcement Officer.
- Listen to a message from your Support Enforcement Officer.
- Ask a worker to call you.
- Have forms Faxed or mailed to you.
If KIDS doesn't recognize your social security number, transfer to the receptionist. We may have the wrong social security number in our file.
- The date DCS processed or received the last five payments on a case.
- The amount of each of the last five payments on a case.
- The balance on a DCS account.
- You can stop pay an issued check(s) that is lost or stolen using the KIDS line. The system will update overnight and a stop pay will be placed on the lost or stolen check. A new check will be reissued 14 days after the original check issuance date.
- General information about the street address, phone numbers and hours of operation for each local office.
- A description of our services and information on how to apply for services.
- How to report an address change or obtain visitation address information.
- Paternity establishment (determining the father of a child).
- How to modify an existing child support order.
- The Washington State Support Registry (WSSR).
- Information on father's rights.
- Information on applying for electronic funds transfer and the DCS card.
- Information about interception of IRS tax refunds.
- Child support questions regarding Native American Tribes.
- Many other recorded informational messages.