- DCS Home
- My Account
- Most Wanted
Division of Child Support
As employers in Washington, you do so much to help families in need of child support. You withhold support from earnings and send it to DCS. You enroll children in health insurance plans. You report your newly hired and rehired employees. You answer our inquiries when we need to find a parent or need income information. You even deduct support for families in other states.
DCS employees recognize the burden employers bear and how you assist us with the child support enforcement effort. We are committed to working with employers to help reduce this burden while still meeting legal requirements.
- New Hire
- Quick Links
- Contact DCS
- Employer Information about Income Withholding
- I have received an Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support (an "OWI") from DCS. What should I do?
- I got a withholding notice for someone who never worked here. What should I do?
- I got a withholding notice for someone who doesn't work here anymore. What should I do?
- How do I compute the amount to withhold each payday?
- How much of the employee's pay is subject to withholding?
- How do I calculate the employee's net disposable income?
- What if the amount I'm supposed to withhold is more than 50% of the employee's net disposable income?
- How do I send in my payment?
- What kind of information should I include with the payment?
- Are there any special withholding rules when there's also a medical support obligation?
- How do I let DCS know if the employee no longer works here?
- How long does an OWI last?
- The employee told me that he'd worked everything out with DCS and that I didn't need to withhold anymore. Can I stop withholding?
- I feel sorry for my employee and want to intercede with DCS. Can I do this?
- What should I do if I receive a child support withholding order from another state?
- What Employers Should Know When Working With Tribes
- What if I am a Tribal Employer?
- US Mail Payment Address
Washington State Support Registry
PO Box 45868
Olympia, WA 98504-5868