Division of Child Support
DCS News Archive
- 09/09/2014 Can I still enroll in Health Care if I did not complete my application by
- 08/26/2014 The Secure Access Washington (SAW) Payment Services and DCSOnline payment site is now available.
08/22/2014 Microwave Fire Reported at Town Plaza in Vancouver
Division of Child Support (DCS) Office closed for today. DCS will provide updated information regarding the status of the office for Monday, later today.
Please call 800-457-6202 regarding questions about child support.
08/22/2014 Pacific Northwest News - Child Support and Financial Recovery
Volume 1, Issue 1 - 04/21/2014
08/22/2014 Can I still enroll in Health Care if I did not complete my application by
08/22/2014 2014 Employer Workshop Schedule
Thirteen workshops have been scheduled. Employers can sign up online or by email. Please click on this link for workshop dates, times and locations.
08/22/2014 New Employer Withholding Instructions
Starting in February 2014, the DSHS Division of Child Support (DCS) began issuing Income Withholding Orders with new withholding instructions for employers. The instructions provide options for employers who pay weekly or biweekly. Employers who pay weekly may withhold from the first four paydays each month (monthly amount divided by 4) and skip any fifth weekly payroll. And employers who pay biweekly may withhold from the first two paydays each month (monthly amount divided by 2) and skip any third biweekly payroll. The Division of Child Support prefers that employers withhold the full monthly amount each month if their payroll system allows. Additional information is available on the Employers - Income Withholding page and on the first page of the Income Withholding Order Cover Letter.
07/23/2014 Vancouver Field Office Will Re-Open Today at 10:00 a.m.
The Vancouver field office re-opens today, Tuesday July 22, at 10:00 a.m. Phones will be transferred back to the office at that time.
Please also un-highlight previous postings and archive the following posting: Fire reported at Town Plaza in Vancouver.
- 07/23/2014 Vancouver Child Support Office Remains Closed
As of 1:30 p.m. Friday, July 18, the office will be closed all day, Monday, July 21. Information regarding Tuesday's status will be updated by 4:00 p.m. on Monday.
Please call (800) 457-6202 if you have questions regarding child support.
- 07/23/2014 Fire closes Vancouver child support office - Wednesday, July 16, update
As of 1:00 p.m. July 16, the office will be closed all day, Thursday, July 17. Please call (800) 457-6202 if you have questions regarding child support. Information regarding Friday's status will be updated by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 17.
07/22/2014 Fire reported at Town Plaza in Vancouver
Fire held in check by sprinkler system
Update - Only one office, where the fire originated, appears to have damage. About 13 cubes in the vicinity have water on the floor area. The fire appears to have started from an electrical issue in the wall. The office will be closed Wednesday, July 16. The Division of Child Support will provide updated information regarding the status of the office for Thursday by 4:00 pm, Wednesday.Please call 800-457-6202 regarding questions about child support.
04/23/2014 Mobile CSO Arrives to Assist in Mudslide Recovery Efforts
Article on relief efforts
For information about available services through the Mobile CSO please call 1-877-501-2233.
04/23/2014 Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) - A Boost to You and Your Family
It's that time of the year again - Federal Income Tax filing season. Last year in Washington State, the EITC put $920 million dollars into customers' pockets and benefited more than 438,000 working families and individuals. The average EITC refund was over $2,100! For more information, check out the links below.
04/19/2014 Open Enrollment for Health Coverage Ends March 31
04/08/2014 2014 tax season to open January 31st
E-file and free file can speed refund. Follow this link for more information http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/2014-Tax-Season-to-Open-Jan.-31;-efile-and-Free-File-Can-Speed-Refunds.
IRS is also combating identity theft and refund fraud on many fronts. Find out more by following this link http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Combats-Identity-Theft-and-Refund-Fraud-on-Many-Fronts-2014.
04/08/2014 Get Free Tax Prep Help
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. Click here for more information. Find a provider near you: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Find-a-Location-for-Free-Tax-Prep.
- 03/17/2014 Washington Healthplanfinder is a customer-friendly, online marketplace where you can make apples-to-apples comparisons of health insurance plans - getting rid of the fine print and making it easier to understand what plans cover and how much they cost. Plus, Washington Healthplanfinder offers help every step of the way. If you have questions about health plans or need help enrolling, you can access expert customer support online, by phone or in-person through a local organization or a registered broker.
- 1/27/2013 Need help with the holidays? Follow these links for more information and assistance: Christmas Food and Holiday Gifts/Toys.
1/24/2014 Severe Weather Shelters and 2013-2014 Winter Shelters
For more information about severe weather shelters, winter shelters, and day shelters for both sides of the mountains follow this link - http://resourcetalk.crisisclinic.org/2013-2014-winter-and-severe-weather-shelter-printable-pdf/.
12/09/2013 Heath Care in Washington - Washington Healthplanfinder
Heath care in Washington is changing for the better. Starting this fall, residents will have a new way to find, compare and enroll in health insurance. It's called Washington Healthplanfinder, and it gives individuals and families the confidence to choose the plan that best fits their needs and their budget.
Washington Healthplanfinder is a customer-friendly, online marketplace where you can make apples-to-apples comparisons of health insurance plans - getting rid of the fine print and making it easier to understand what plans cover and how much they cost. Plus, Washington Healthplanfinder offers help every step of the way. If you have questions about health plans or need help enrolling, you can access expert customer support online, by phone or in-person through a local organization or a registered broker.
2014 Tax Season to Start Later Following Government Closure; IRS Sees Heavy Demand As Operations Resume
About 90 percent of IRS operations were closed during the shutdown, with some major work streams closed entirely during this period, putting the IRS nearly three weeks behind its tight timetable for being ready to start the 2014 filing season.
The original start date of the 2014 filing season was Jan. 21, and with a one- to two-week delay, the IRS would start accepting and processing 2013 individual tax returns no earlier than Jan. 28 and no later than Feb. 4. Read more
- 12/04/2013 Attention employers! You can learn about New Hire Reporting and child support laws by attending a DCS workshop. In-person and online classes are available. Register today.
- 12/04/2013 Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) Secretary Phyllis Gilmore announced Thursday, efforts to privatize Kansas Child Support Services (CSS) are on schedule.
12/04/2013 Federal Shutdown and Child Support
While we do not know all of the implications of the current Federal government shutdown, we have been told that the child support program is not affected at this time. As a result, child support payments will continue to be processed and distributed and DCS offices will remain open as normal. If the situation changes information will be updated by posting information here. Thank you.
12/04/2013 Secure Access Washington (SAW)
Due to the new Secure Access Washington (SAW) changeover for on line child support payment services, our EFT Customer Service line is experiencing heavy call volumes at this time. Thank you for your patience while we serve all of customers. Please call later to 800-468-7422.
10/09/2013 SecureAccess Washington (SAW) is a single sign-on application gateway created by Washington State's
Consolidated Technology Services to simplify access to the growing list of government services accessible via the Internet.
It allows Internet access to multiple online government services with the use of a unique single self-generated User-ID and password. Once signed in, users have the ability to change their password and register for access to various online government services. Find out more...
10/02/2013 USDA Summer Food Program
Did you know the USDA provides free meals to all children 18 years old and under? Find out more...
08/20/2013 A Single Login
If you have a current account on the Child Support Internet Payment Service beginning August 14, it will now be under Secure Access Washington (SAW) where you will be able to pay child support and check on payment status, along with other accounts you may have with the State of Washington. One login is all you need! Click here for more information
08/20/2013 New Hire Reporting
Beginning August 14, the current New Hire Reporting site for employers will be accessed through Secure Access Washington (SAW). Employers will find the new site as a service in the My Secure DSHS portal listed as Division of Child Support Online Services (DCSOnline). The new service provides many new features including the ability to edit, cancel or save a new hire report the same day it is submitted. If you use the same email address for your SAW account as you do for the New Hire Reporting program, we can link your company profile in the new service. Click here for more information
08/15/2013 The Division of Child Support (DCS) wanted to enhance efforts to protect personal information.
View the "How to" YouTube informational video to get started.If you experience difficulty accessing SAW and linking your accounts you can contact the DCS Electronic Funds Transfer Unit at 800-468-7422 for further assistance or the DCS Community Relations Unit at 800-457-6202.
- 08/13/2013 DCS has closed its old bank accounts at U. S. Bank. All DCS checks issued from the old U. S. Bank account are now stale dated and will no longer be honored. Some employers have continued to send EFT payments to the old account even though Notices of Correction have been sent to them with directions to change the account information. Payments sent to the old account will now be rejected. Callers with questions about stale-dated checks or rejected EFT payments should be directed to the Central Services EFT Customer Service Team at 1-800-468-7422.
- 07/30/2313 The USDA provides free or reduced-price lunches to 31 million children during the school year through the National School Lunch Program. However, during the summer, only a few million of those students participate in the Summer Food Service Program. Child support agencies and other partners can share the Summer Food Rocks! flyer and connect families to sites that serve summer meals.
- 06/04/13 Printing Error - Notice of Report to Credit Bureaus If you are a Non Custodial Parent that the Division of Child Support reported a past-due support debt to the credit bureaus, the vendor who prints the Notice of Report to Credit Bureaus (18-475) experienced a software problem on April 15. The result was that all amount fields on the printed forms sent to noncustodial parents have the decimal point moved two places to the right. The vendor will print corrected forms April 22 and mail them on April 23. The correct amounts were reported to the credit bureaus.
07/30/2013 Payments Now Accepted Via Debit/Credit Card!
Effective July 26, 2012 customers can now pay their child support with a debit/credit card via a third party vendor (Touchpay). In order to use this option select "Pay Support Info", "What are the Payment Methods" and then "E. Credit/Debit Card". Please note that third party vendors will charge a convenience fee per transaction.
03/07/2013 OCSE launches new Website.
Our Federal partner at the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) recently launched a new website. The site offers information useful to parents and employers about national child support initiatives and links you to information about other state programs.
03/07/2013 Important Notice for US Bank ReliaCard Holders
The Division of Child Support (DCS) will be replacing the current US Bank ReliaCard with a new card from Bank of America. The new card will be mailed to cardholders in August with instructions. Immediately activate your new DCS Debit Card from Bank of America upon receipt.
09/25/2012 Did you file your tax return?
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is for people who earn low-to-moderate incomes. This refundable credit may reduce your taxes, give you a refund, or increase your refund amount. For more information go to http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96406,00.html, ask your tax preparer or call 1-800-829-1040.
07/11/2012 Important Notice for US Bank ReliaCard Holders
The Division of Child Support (DCS) will be replacing the current US Bank ReliaCard with a new card from Bank of America. The new card will be mailed to cardholders in August with instructions. Immediately activate your new DCS Debit Card from Bank of America upon receipt. Child support payments will be automatically deposited to the new card beginning September 5, 2012, after payments are received by DCS. If you currently have a US Bank ReliaCard, continue to use it (even after September 5, 2012) and do not discard it until your balance is gone. The DCS Debit Card from Bank of America will have the same convenience and security as your current card:
- Quick access to child support payments.
- Use everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Access cash at ATMs and from tellers at banks or credit unions that accept Visa (fees may apply).
- Get cash back with purchases at many locations.
02/08/2012 Do you want to find out what services and benefits are available to you and your family?
Washington Connection is your link to services. It's a free secure website to quickly find federal, state, local and tribal resources.
Videos on the DSHS YouTube Channel - Paternity Acknowledgement Form - (English) (Spanish)
7/12/2011 Pass-Through Payments to TANF Recipients to Be Suspended Effective May 1, 2011.
For more information, please click on Pass-Through Frequently Asked Questions
04/20/2011 Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)?
Did you file your tax return? The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is for people who earn low-to-moderate incomes. This refundable credit may reduce your taxes, give you a refund, or increase your refund amount. For more information go to http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96406,00.html, ask your tax preparer, or call 1-800-829-1040.
- 01/18/2011 Temporary Layoff Office Closure Dates - 2010/2011
- 01/04/2011 The Washington State Legislature changed how DCS applies IRS tax refund payments beginning July 1, 2010.
- 01/04/2011 The Fife Field Office is closed. Staff and cases have been reassigned to the Tacoma Field Office. Please contact that office for inquiries or to report changes.
- 06/16/10 The Division of Child Support (DCS) may be able to help you get income information for the other party to your support order if you are planning to obtain or modify a child support order. DCS has a brochure and form to get you started.
- 06/16/10 Have You Been Laid-off? If you owe child support and you were laid-off, please contact DCS at 800/457-6202. If you don't contact us, we can take up to 50% of your unemployment benefits. For more information you may download a brochure at I do not have a job. What happens to my child support.
- 02/23/09 Are you enrolled in Washington's Basic Food Program? New eligibility requirements mean you may now qualify for benefits to buy food. A single person, without children, can make up to $1734 and may still be eligible. These new requirements are effective October 1, 2008. Call 877/514 -FOOD or access www.foodhelp.wa.gov for more information.
- 10/16/08 The IRS may have money for you. You may be eligible to receive an Economic Stimulus Payment even if you normally do not have to file an income tax return. To be eligible to receive the payment you must file a 2007 income tax return before October 15, 2008. For more information click here.
- 10/01/08 Notice of Public Auction - 1990 25' Grady-White Sailfish (09/30/08)
- 09/29/08 In the 2007 session, the Washington State Legislature passed a bill establishing the Child Support Schedule Workgroup. This Web page will provide ongoing information about the Workgroup.
- 05/20/08 IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CUSTODIANS RECEIVING IV-D CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES:
As provided by federal law, beginning October 1, 2007 Washington State will begin charging custodial parents an annual $25.00 fee on certain child support collection cases. For more information click here.
- 01/14/08 DCS Domestic Violence Resources
- 03/01/03 What if I have a child support order and have been recently activated with the military?