- DCS Closes Old Bank Accounts at U. S. Bank
DCS has closed its old bank accounts at U. S. Bank. All DCS checks issued from the old U. S. Bank account are now stale dated and will no longer be honored. Some employers have continued to send EFT payments to the old account even though Notices of Correction have been sent to them with directions to change the account information. Payments sent to the old account will now be rejected. Callers with questions about stale-dated checks or rejected EFT payments should be directed to the Central Services EFT Customer Service Team at 1-800-468-7422.
- Printing Error - Notice of Report to Credit Bureaus If you are a Non Custodial Parent that the Division of Child Support reported a past-due support debt to the credit bureaus,
the vendor who prints the Notice of Report to Credit Bureaus (18-475) experienced a software problem on April 15.
The result was that all amount fields on the printed forms sent to noncustodial parents have the decimal point moved two places to the right.
The vendor will print corrected forms April 22 and mail them on April 23. The correct amounts were reported to the credit bureaus.
- Attention employers! You can learn about New Hire Reporting and child support laws by attending a DCS workshop.
In-person and online classes are available. Register today.
- Payments Now Accepted Via Debit/Credit Card!
Effective July 26, 2012 customers can now pay their child support with a debit/credit card via a third party vendor (Touchpay). More...
- Archived News
- Access and Visitation Resources Available to DCS Customers