||Authorize (in state or out of state) travel in order to know the whereabouts of all children in the care and custody of the Department. Provide fiscal responsibility and consistency in travel payment approval for children/youth, caregivers and employees.
- Travel must comply with court orders, DSHS 19.10 Travel Policy & OFM 10.10 Travel Policy.
- Travel related to children or youth who are in the care, custody and control of the Department, must be approved and documented prior to the travel.
- All children being placed out of state through ICPC must be approved and documented prior to travel.
- Any travel (in state and out of state) with costs to the State (outside of routine bus travel/commuter travel) must be approved by the Regional Administrator or designee.
- Child/Client Travel
CA Staff will:
- Receive caregiver notification of travel and initiate the approval process at least three weeks in advance, when possible. Trips less than 72 hours do not require three weeks advance notice.
Note: Notification may be in the form of voicemail message, face to face communication or e-mail.
- Document caregiver's notification of travel in a case note in FamLink prior to travel and no later than 10 days of notification.
- Follow approval and documentation requirements outlined in the Travel Approval Quick Reference Guide.
- Complete, in detail, Children's Administration Travel Authorization form (DSHS 03-478) when required.
- Make reasonable efforts to obtain parent(s) travel approval (when required) and document efforts on the Children's Administration Travel Authorization form (DSHS 03-478).
- Scan and upload any parent approval documents into FamLink. (Excludes legally free children or youth.)
- Scan and upload approved Children's Administration Travel Authorization form (DSHS 03-478) into FamLink.
- Obtain court order when parent approval is not received. (Children in shelter care status must have a court order to travel out of state.)
- Coordinate out of country travel per 4211 Notification to Foreign Consulate policy. (Requirements vary by country)
- Employee-Client Related Travel (out of state) must align with DSHS 19.10 Travel Policy & OFM 10.10 Travel Policy and must be:
- Directly work related;
- Obtained at the most economical price;
- Critical and necessary for state business;
|Forms and Tools